Monday, January 21, 2013

Mango Salsa

I recently came across a recipe for a peach salsa tostada on a blog I really like and made plans to make it for dinner tonight. Unfortunately, peaches could not be obtained at my local grocer, so I decided to change things up a bit and create my own salsa with mangos as the base. I was really pleased with the results so I wanted to share it.










Mango Salsa

Serves 1-2 people. Double ingredients to serve more.

Ingredients

1 lime
pinch of coarse sea salt
1 mango
1/4 cup diced red onion
bunch of fresh cilantro

Directions

Squeeze the juice from the entire lime into a bowl and add a small amount of lime zest (too much will make your salsa bitter).
Peel and coarsely chop the mango (be aware of the pit and slice of the juicy fruit from around it).
Finely chop enough fresh cilantro to measure about 2-3 tablespoons.
Add the onion to the lime juice and stir together, then add the mango, cilantro and sea salt (to taste).
Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
Salsa can be served immediately, but tastes even better if you allow it to marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.

1 comment: